Tuesday, July 31, 2012
About the Award:
So apparently this is a chain award (kind of like those chain letters you used to do in junior high) given out by bloggers to other bloggers because they feel that certain bloggers deserve more recognition. I just want to say a quick thanks to Ana who runs The Adventures Within blog. Everyone should totally check it out!
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves.
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you've tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. I am about to start my fifth year of college.
2. I have written fan fiction since I was fourteen.
3. I have only had one boyfriend.
4. My sister and I don't get along. In fact, we have never really gotten along.
5. My birthday is December 25, Christmas Day.
6. My goal is to visit all fifty United States. So far I have visited 17.
7. I have completed a young adult novel. I am in the process of editing it for the fifth or sixth time.
8. I have three dogs. All of which annoy the crap out of me, but I can't imagine my life without them in it.
9. In addition to reading and writing, I also enjoy knitting. I even have a rocking chair to do my knitting in.
10. I am 5'9" and I love heels...even though I really never have the opportunity to wear them because of my height.
Ten Questions From Ana:
1. Name the book you regret buying and wish you hadn't read.
Strangely enough, the books that I wish I hadn't read I didn't buy. They are the Wheel of Time books, but only the books after book three. I don't think the series should have gone on as long as it has. The first book was great, but by the time you read book four things have slowed way down and there is an overload of characters. Too much is going on and it is hard to follow. Plus all of the books have the same basic plot: Skirmish. Mini battle. Little battle. Slightly bigger battle. Big battle. Huge battle. End. I really wish I hadn't read book seven though. Or even started book eight.
2. A book that you really want to buy but haven't been able to buy it.
All of them. Just kidding, but I actually have a pretty long list of books I want to buy but I don't have the money to buy them. Here are just a few: Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce; Bewitching by Alex Flinn; Goddess Interrupted by Amiee Carter; Everneath by Brodi Ashton; and The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson.
3. What actor or singer would you want to meet if they were still alive?
I would have loved to meet John Ritter. He was just an amazing person and he was so funny. It was such a shock when he died and I can still remember staying up and watching "8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter" with my mom. Watching the last episode he was on was just heart breaking.
4. Do you have something that you are OCD about?
Um, do you mean my life? OCD runs in my family and I am absolutely nuts about keeping my books in perfect order. I also have to have my kitchen arranged perfectly as well.
5. If all of the hot superheroes asked you out, which one would you pick?
Oh gosh...um...Iron Man or Hawkeye...I'm totally going to have to pick Hawkeye aka: Clint Barton. He is fine. Plus it doesn't hurt that Jeremy Renner played Clint in both Thor and The Avengers. I totally love him.
6. Your phobias?
In no particular order: heights, snakes, spiders, volcanic eruptions, and fire. Don't ask about the volcanic eruptions. It isn't something I can really explain.
7. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
I would pay off school loans, travel, and with the left over money I would buy books. Now I just need to win the lotto.
8. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
Great Britain. First, I am a huge BBC sci-fi nut and I would love to see where they film Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Torchwood. Second, I have a friend who lives in Scotland. Third, I just love Great Britain, okay?
9. Favorite ice cream flavor or drink?
My favorite ice cream flavor is mud pie. It is coffee, chocolate, and cookie pieces all in one ice cream. What isn't to love?
10. Something you can't live without?
I can't live without my laptop. Even if there wasn't internet, I would be okay because everything I could ever need or want is on my laptop. It is my baby even though I hate it sometimes.
I only have five because I really don't follow many blogs or know many bloggers...
1. Pika Pages
2. Beccy's Rambles
3. Noted. Recorded. Bookmarked.
4. Romance Library
5. A Firm Grasp of The Ordinary
1. What book have you read more than all of your other books?
2. What is your all time favorite movie and why?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. If you could chose one fictional character to be real, who would it be and why?
5. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far?
6. What is your favorite summer activity?
7. If you could be anything, what would you be?
8. What is your favorite television show and why?
9. Who is your favorite character of all time and why? (Doesn't matter if it is from a movie, television show, or book)
10. Do you have any pets? What kinds?