Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SNOW DAY!! And cute boys...

Just found out that tomorrow is a snow day. The campus is going to be totally closed tomorrow! No nasty Thursday classes!! Today also started with my teacher canceling the one class I had today. Supernatural marathons are a go (I keep using exclamation points...but I really don't care because I am excited)!

And last night I had a pretty wonderful night as well. I had a party/meeting for one of the classes I had last semester - a kind of wrapping everything up sort of thine - and there was this guy there. He submitted to our journal and he was really nice. He introduced himself and I shook his hand. We talked for about a second and then journals were handed out. I talked to people in my group and then left...at exactly the same time he did.

He held the door open for me and and he started talking to me. We walked a little ways in the snow and wind and he compared the weather to Russian weather and told me about how one of his parents used to be subscribed to National Geographic and that was how he got hooked on Russian culture. I said that I was similarly hooked on the UK and we started talking about the UK and how things are between the US and the UK. It was interesting that he knew so much about the economics and the politics involved with the two countries.

It was just before we changed topics that he asked me which way I was walking and I told him that I had to walk down the main hill. He said that he would keep walking with me because he likes "talking to people" even though he lives in the complete opposite direction. We walked down the hill section of the Mall and he asked me what my major was. I told him and he seemed genuinely interested in what I was telling him.

By that point we had reached the area where I would have to continue down the hill and he would have to come with me or go back up the hill. He said that he had to go and that it was a pleasure to meet me and I said likewise. He held out his hand and I gave him mine thinking that he was going to shake it and then he lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it. I am pretty sure I blushed and totally freaked out on the inside. We said goodbye and now I am kicking myself for not getting his number. He was so sweet and I'm not even sure if the name he gave us is his real name or if it was a pen name. I do know that if I will ever see him again. *le sigh*

Here are some gifs that express my feelings (plus the red pandas because how cute are they?):



No comments:

Post a Comment