Monday, May 16, 2011

Countrycide


I now remember why I like the Torchwood episode "Countrycide". No, it isn't the insane amounts of dead people and the insane cannibals that are killing said dead people. Rather it is the Gwen/Owen romance, because who wouldn't want to jump Owen. Yes, his mouth may be rather large, but he is quite handsome and funny.


Before Owen's death in season two of the series, he was my favorite male character (besides Jack, but it is assumed that Jack is everyone's favorite character...I mean, have you looked at the man?). After his death, Owen just didn't have the same appeal...plus there was Tosh all lovesick and what not. Okay, I still had a thing for Owen after he died (the first time at least, because it wasn't permanent and he became "King of the Weevils").


Anywho, back on topic. "Countrycide" is a good episode alltogether, but the best parts in my opinion are the scenes with Gwen and Owen. It was happy making for me to see them together at the end of the episode, even if I knew it wouldn't last (and later learning about how Tosh likes Owen, it makes me feel sad for her now).


No comments:

Post a Comment