Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 11 - Write about anything that's currently on your mind

I'm beginning to think that my characters are out to get me. They don't talk for months on end and then suddenly they all make noise at once. I can't even pick out what they are trying to say. When I go back to ask specific characters they act all innocent and wide eyed. They tell me, "Talking? We were talking? Are you sure?" I think they are trying to make me crazy.

Then I write the "love story" for this challenge. It starts out and I think, "Okay, nice third person." Then suddenly out of far left field there comes this voice of a girl. Her story is sad, but I don't know her name nor the extent of her story. She thinks she is damaged goods and she is very sarcastic at times. Sarcasm is her coping mechanism. Tragically heartbroken. Sounds fun...

I also have my old characters. The ones who sit out and taunt me at times. Like Ginny and Draco from my Ginny/Draco fanfic. They keep telling me (yes, I know this makes me sound crazy) that their story is going to be over twenty chapters. I have only written eight plus a future scene. How could they possibly know? And why won't they just let me write chapter nine? *tears of frustration*

When writers tell you that they are crazy or insane, this is the reason why. Their characters drive them to the edge. It almost always comes back to the characters (for me at least).

No comments:

Post a Comment