Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 8 - Write about anything you like

For some reason I love writing fluffy romance stories. I know that stories like this are not exactly what happens in real life, but writing and reading them are a guilty pleasure of mine. Harlequin and Silhouette romance novels have found their way onto my bookshelves. I have been told numerous times by my mother that in order to break out into writing I should write romance novels...all I could think was, "oh good lord, I can hardly finish a fanfic, let alone a novel."

However, I do think that if I want to be an author the best way might be to write for Harlequin/Silhouette. Crazy to think about, but I am sure I could do better than one of the Silhouette novels I read last year. The plot was not the greatest and it wasn't the tip top story that I hoped it would be. Needless to say, I should probably work on my writing a bit more before I send in a manuscript for them to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment