Monday, July 11, 2011

The one where Torchwood is a must

Cousin and I continued to have a lovely day yesterday. We ended the day by watching the first three episodes of Torchwood: Children of Earth. Now we only have two episodes left and our aunt is chomping a the bit to have us finish watching so we can watch the first episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day (which is online so we would have to use one of the laptops).

Anyway, we stayed up until well after three in the morning talking after we finished watching our show and were quite tired at 7:30 when Cousin's brother-in-law opened our door with his oldest child. Believe me when I say I could have committed murder. Then just as I was drifting off to sleep again, our aunt walks in and starts rummaging in the dresser by the door. It felt as if the world was out to get us. Cousin and I both want to know what we could have possibly done in our past lives. We have narrowed it down to Nazis and my theory is we worked at a concentration camp (at some hour after being woken up after not much sleep, I was able to say Auschwitz, which amazes me).

So today both Cousin and I are running on very little sleep and we have been forced to socialize. Our mothers, aunt and grandmother are all in the kitchen making raspberry jam while Cousin and I hide in our room. Maybe we will get lucky and we won't have to socialize much more today and by lucky I mean we will just have to help with/do the dishes tonight after dinner...We were also made to swiffer the floor to pick up crumbs ("I'd like it if you were to swiffer up the crumbs from around the table so that they won't get on the carpet," Cousin's mom said an her annoyingly patronizing voice that is too quiet for average human hearing).

It looks like Cousin and I might get to go to Powell's this evening as well. Which is really exciting because that is the best bookstore ever. I'm hoping to find Heartless by Gail Carriger or Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund. Both would be good finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment